Independent Power Systems is a Bozeman, Montana solar electrical contractor founded in 1996. Our mission is to provide the most reliable and high-performance solar power system installations to our Bozeman customers and the surrounding communities within Montana.
Led by Montana Master Electrician, PE, and Founder, Tony Boniface, our designs and solar installation methods blend innovation with tried and true technologies to provide robust solar systems. As the only authorized SunPower dealer in the state of Montana, we are able to provide the most efficient and longest-warrantied solar systems commercially available.
Our experience spans the design and installation of thousands of solar energy power systems for both residential and commercial projects. No matter your needs, we have the best solar contractor experts. Our expert solar installers can implement a customized solar install for a traditional grid tie-in. If your needs require a completely off-the-grid solution, IPS of Bozeman, Montana should be your first choice considering our extensive knowledge of off-grid design and implementation.
NOTABLE MONTANA SOLAR PROJECTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS –
- First solar electric, distributed, net-metered system in Montana state (Montana Power Company), 1999
- First proof of concept, multi-residential (24 units), net-metered, remotely monitored residential solar system design and installation across NorthWestern Energy service range, 2000
- Bozeman Montana Community Food Cooperative solar system, 2003
- Bozeman Montana Public Library, solar net metered public system, 2005
- Simms Fishing, 50kW solar net metered commercial system, 2012
- Power Tower, solar-wind hybrid net metered, off-grid for Whitehall High School Education, 2013
- Fergus Electric Utility, 135kW membership owned, net billed solar systems, 2017
- Recipient of the most NorthWestern solar energy grants since the beginning of the grant program
- Help found the Montana Renewable Energy Association
Let’s get in touch.
2430 N 7th Ave #6,
Bozeman, MT 59715